Pancakes make my weekends so much better.
I look forward for the weekend, because I actually have the time to whip up a stack!
I really love using oat flour in my muffins, breads, and pancakes on the weekend, because it’s such a good source of fiber and good for the body! Replaces your typical bowl of oatmeal and its a nourishing kind of food, yes? YES.
Every time I make this recipe, I think, man this would be cool if I could eat these everyday of the week. So what do I do? I double the recipe.
OH YEAH. Then I pop them back into the toaster during the week to heat up!
So what you’ll notice is down below is that this recipe is gluten free and I use a diary alternative. Please do not let that deter you from using what you have in your fridge and pantry! You can use whatever you have on hand. I’m used to having the oat flour in my pantry, but you could use regular flour or gluten free flour if you’ve got it. Also, feel free to use regular milk, buttermilk or even almond milk. Because, why not.
Side note: this recipe makes about 8 pancakes in total!
It’s called living your life!
Classic Oat Flour Pancakes
- In a mixing bowl combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Next, add in your eggs, butter and milk. Stir until combined. Make sure you don't over mix. It's ok to have a few clumps.
- Next, with your skillet on low to medium heat, spray some cooking oil and using a 1/3 of a cup measure pour In your batter. I usually eye ball this and don't use a measuring cup. you can do that too.
- Let you pancake cook for about 2 minutes or until the top has bubbled. Once the bubbles appear, flip, and repeat!
- Lastly top your pancakes with a pat of butter and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups of Oat Flour or flour of your choise
- 1 3/4 Cup of Oat Milk or dairy beverage of your choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Maple Syrup for topping
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/rosieroamingorlando and use #RROrecipes & #RROkitchen