My craving for a PB&J sandwich lately has been so unreal. Like where did this craving come from. I haven’t had one in years.
So naturally I leaned toward adding chocolate. Trader Joe’s makes a PB&J chocolate bar that is oh so satisfying. IF you’ve never had it, you can grab it while you wait in line at check out. It’s usually located perfectly in those candy cubbies right as you’re checking out. Perfect goods to contemplate purchasing while waiting.
These are so fun to make. So easy to assemble. Once you’re done you’ll have made a chocolate candy! A dessert! A snack?! YES, this can be snack food too.
I enjoyed one midday yesterday with a nice hot cup of coffee. Worth it.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter & Cherry Jelly Cups
- Cupcake Pan
- 9 Cupcake Liners
- Pyrex Bowl
- 2 Cups Dark Chocolate or Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Cherry Jelly
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Place your chocolate In a microwave safe pyrex bowl. Microwave your chocolate for 2 minutes In 30 second increments. After 1 minute add In your coconut oil and combine. Continue 30 second intervals in the microwave until the chocolate Is melted.
- Place your cupcake liners In the cupcake pan.
- Pour enough chocolate to coat the bottom of your liners. Using a spoon coat the sides of your cupcake tin. Just enough to create a barrier for your filling. Place the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes to allow the chocolate layer to set before filling.
- Next, place a dollop of peanut butter and a dollop of cherry jelly. Pour your remaining chocolate over to coat the filling entirely. Place back in your fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/rosieroamingorlando and use #RROrecipes & #RROkitchen