A tale as old as time.
And now you see how my brain operates.
I’ve been making this recipe for as long as I can remember.
While I shared the half recipe over on my funfetti snack cake I figured I’d give you the whole recipe that I’ve used on cakes, cupcakes, cookie sandwiches, cinnamon rolls and, well…..
Uhm, like just by the spoonful
So I’ll keep it short and sweet.
Here’s the full version of the recipe for all your frosting adventures!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk or Dairy Alternative
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- In your stand mixer bowl cream the butter and cream cheese together for about a minute.
- Add your vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
- Now add in your powdered sugar cup by cup. Start your mixer on the lowest setting so you don't powdered sugar everywhere.
- Add in your tablespoon or two to ensure a creamy frosting.
- Use immediately or store it in your fridge until you're ready to use it. You can also make this ahead of time and freeze it if you're not gonna use it for a few weeks.
Loving those vanilla bean specs.
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/rosieroamingorlando and use #RROrecipes & #RROkitchen