I don’t know where to start, y’all.
LOOK AT THAT COLOR.
I mean look at that shade of red. Strawberry red to be exact.
Which will turn into strawberry pink once you add in the rest of your ingredients. But like come on. I just can’t even right now.
See. Now it’s strawberry pink magical frosting.
Why magical you ask? Because, this frosting was colored and flavored by the freeze dried strawberries. I got this idea for this frosting in the middle of the night. I knew I wanted to use a wholesome ingredient for the color and flavor.
And just WOW! The depth of the strawberry flavor in this tastes just like the layer in Neapolitan ice cream. Talk about a walk down memory lane. As a kiddo, I was only interested in Neapolitan ice cream specfically for the strawberry layer. I’m the one that used to ruin the pint by scooping more strawberry ice cream, ha!
Not funny? Oh well it happened. All me.
This strawberry frosting would be super excellent on cakes, cupcakes, and brownies! Can’t wait to show you what I made with it!
The Best Strawberry Frosting
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer & Paddle Attachment
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- 2 Cups Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3-5 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Using your food processor with the blade attachment, pour your freeze dried strawberries in and pulse your strawberries until you get a fine crumble. Till it sort of resembles wet sand. Its ok if you have some little chunks. Mine was not perfectly ground to a fine powder.
- Next, using your stand mixer or hand held mixer cream you butter and vanilla for about a minute or so.
- Now add in your strawberry powder and 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
- Add in one tablespoon of whipping cream. Continue adding in your remaining powder sugar alternating your whipping cream as needed to create and think and creamy mixture. I used a total of 3 tablespoons of whipping cream.
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/rosieroamingorlando and use #RROrecipes & #RROkitchen