Well what a time for a new drink trend to appear! I first heard about this dalgona coffee on NYT cooking and I was like I have got to make this.
I mentioned it to my mom (she’s my CTT chief taste tester) and she was like your grandmother used to make this exact same thing, but with condensed milk! While I didn’t have condensed milk, I decided to use coconut sugar.
Well let me tell you. This took a lot of arm strength. If you’re not looking to get an upper body workout in, I highly recommend using a hand mixer. Either way it’s soooo worth it.
This photo above is the end result after whisking for like 15ish minutes. Look at that change of color!! So exciting.
So the recipe below will be for four to six. Look out for the notes on how I’d serve it if it’s for six. Also keep in mind you’ll be able to cut this in half and make it for two!
Nothing better to do than to make this coffee. This weird time has reminded me that some of the simplest ingredients can make some really delicious treats. If I ever ran out of nespresso pods I have no rush because I can make this whipped coffee latte!
Cheers to you and your new morning beverage!
Whipped Coffee Latte
- 4 Tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 8-10 Ounces of Oat Milk or dairy beverage of your choice
- 4 Tablespoons of Water
- Combine your instant coffee, water, and sugar In a bowl. Begin to combine by either whisking by hand or with your hand held mixer. This goes on for about 15 minutes by hand. By the end of your mixing you will have a lightened, caramel, fluffy coffee mixture.
- Prepare your glasses with your milk and ice cubes. Pour over your whipped coffee, mix, and enjoy!!!
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/rosieroamingorlando and use #RROrecipes & #RROkitchen